Destinations: Bora Bora and Moorea
Total Trip Cost for 2: $9675.00
We traveled during the off-season and typically the wettest time of year, however you can find really great rates and fewer tourists. The islands are gorgeous and while flying to Tahiti is unavoidable, I didn’t feel it was necessary to log any time there. Bora Bora is more beautiful in person and my favorite spot I have ever visited.
Tip: When booking international, try to use a credit card that does not charge a foreign transaction fee, like Capital One!
- NYC –> LAX –> Tahiti booked with Travelocity.com
- Tahiti –> Bora Bora –> Moorea booked with AirTahiti.com
- Moorea –> Tahiti tickets at the Port
Tip: Check flight fares often and when you see it take a dip, book!
- Tahiti Airport Motel with Travelocity.com for 2 nights (first night and last night)
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana with IHG.com for 3 nights
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa with Travelocity.com for 5 nights
Tip: Most sites offer the option to book now pay later. This is a great way to allow time to save up!
- Snorkel with black tip reef sharks and stingrays and BBQ lunch with Bora Bora Romantic Tours booked through Viator.com
- Bicycle rental through Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana
- Lunch at Bloody Mary’s
- 4×4 tour of Moorea visiting a pineapple farm, Magic Mountain and Belvedere Lookout
- Tahiti Airport Motel
Tip: I booked the Tahiti Airport Motel for convenience between flights. It’s across from the airport, just a (semi steep) walk up the hill!
Day 2 through Day 6
- Intercontinental Bora Bora Le Moana
Tip: Take a day trip to snorkel with black tip reef sharks and stingrays! If you stay on the main island, make sure to visit Bloody Mary’s for an island lunch!
- Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa
Tip: Check out a 4×4 excursion for amazing views from the top of Belvedere Lookout! This was booked with the concierge at Hilton Moorea Lagoon Resort and Spa. Then relax with a massage at their spa! Finish with an evening snack at the over the water Creperie where sharks are known to visit.